Welcome to the East Surrey Branch of the NHS Retirement Fellowship
EAST SURREY BRANCH
East Surrey branch was founded 1981.
We are delighted that in 2014 Michael Wilson, the CEO of Surrey and Sussex Healthcare Trust agreed to become our Honorary President.
Annual subscription for 2020/21 is £30 and we currently have approximately 73 members.
We hold our meetings at Reigate Baptist Church in Reigate. All members pay £2.50 on entry each month to help cover the cost of the hire of the hall, the speaker and refreshments.
We meet once a month on the second Tuesday.
Meetings usually follow the following agenda:-
- Speakers on interesting topics
- Fellowship business
In addition we enjoy
- An outing in July
- A coffee morning usually in August
- A Christmas lunch which we usually hold in January
- A quarterly newsletter
We benefit from a variety of speakers throughout the year expertly arranged by our speaker secretary.
Our AGM is held in May.
Christmas cards are sent to all members and our welfare secretary sends get well cards to any members who are unwell and visits if required.
Our committee meets regularly once a month at Reigate Baptist Church.
Many of our branch members undertake voluntary work at East Surrey Hospital as well as charity shops and day centres.
We are very grateful that we receive some help from Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust with postage and stationery. All our activities are self funded
Membership is open to:-
- Those who have or are shortly due to retire from the N.H.S.
- Those who have retired from employment or voluntary work associated with the N.H.S. (Contracted Services).
- Retired Social Care staff
- Spouses or partners of those identified above.